The Zootopia News Network (ZNN) is a television channel in Zootopia that reports news and information regarding the latest happenings in the city.
Role in the Film
The ZNN makes two brief appearances in the film, reporting on the news of Zootopia.Fabienne Growley and her co-anchor, Peter Moosebridge, describe Zootopia as a 'city gripped by fear', as they report a caribou in critical condition as a result of a mauling by a savage polar bear, the twenty-seventh case of the week of a predator going savage. Her co-anchor follows her announcement by stating that a peace rally had been organized by Gazelle and was marred by protest.
In their second and final report, they announce that Assistant Mayor Bellwether, the mastermind responsible for making the predators savage, has been arrested. They also discuss Mayor Lionheart's denial of any knowledge of her plans and actions, and an antidote for those affected by the night howlers, which is proving effective.
The anchor is a snow leopard named Fabienne Growley (voiced by Fabienne Rawley), but the co-anchor varies between countries:
- In Canada, United States and France, the anchor is a moose named Peter Moosebridge.
- In UK, he is a moose named Moosos Alexander.
- In New Zealand and Australia, he is a koala bear named David Koalabell.
- In Brazil, he is a jaguar named Boi Chá.
- In Japan, he is a tanuki named Michael Tanuyama.
- In China, he is a panda.
|Peter Moosebridge||News Anchor|
|Fabienne Growley||News Anchor|
|David Koalabell||News Anchor|
|Michael Tanuyama||News Anchor|
|Boi Chá||News Anchor|
|Panda news anchor||News Anchor|
- Each co-anchor is named after, inspired by, and voiced by a celebrity reporter from their respective country:
- Peter Moosebridge is a Canadian moose, inspired and voiced by Canadian CBC News reporter Peter Mansbridge for America, Canada, and France.
- David Koalabell is an Australian koala bear, inspired and voiced by Australian comedian and anchor David Campbell for Australia and New Zealand.
- Boi Chá is a Brazilian jaguar, inspired and voiced by Brazilian journalist and news anchor Ricardo Boechat for Brazil.
- Michael Tanuyama is a Japanese raccoon dog (also known as the tanuki), inspired and voiced by Japenese comedian Imoaraizaka Kakaricho for Japan.
- For China, the co-anchor is a panda, but his name is unknown. He was voiced by Peter Mansbridge.
- "ZNN" is a play on the news channel "CNN".