The Missing mammals are the fifteen Zootopian residents who have gone missing, and the basis for Zootopia.
Role in the Film
Judy and Nick Wilde eventually solve the case, and locate all of the missing mammals, which are being held captive by Mayor Lionheart at the Cliffside Asylum. They also discover that they have all gone savage.
Later in the film, Judy discovers that night howlers are responsible for making the missing mammals savage and Bellwether is behind the conspiracy.
At the end of the film, it is reported by the ZNN that an antidote for the night howler serum the missing mammals have been exposed to has been created, thus curing them all.
Role in Media
The missing mammals can be seen in a corner of the ZPD building during the party.
- Emmitt Otterton (North American river otter; last seen in Sahara Square)
- Renato Manchas (black jaguar; last seen in Rainforest District)
- Barry DiCaprio (grizzly bear; last seen on the Canyonlands)
- Stephanie Stalkinew (leopard; last seen on The Canopy, Rainforest District)
- Barry DiCaprio's name is a reference to The Revenant, a 2015 film starred by Leonardo DiCaprio, in which his character is attacked by a bear.
- Stephanie Stalkinew's last name is likely a play on the phrase "stalking you".