Role in the Film
He and his co-anchor describe Zootopia as a "city gripped by fear", as they report a caribou in critical condition as a result of a mauling by a savage polar bear, the twenty-seventh case of the week of a predator going savage. They also discuss Gazelle's peace rally.
In their second and final report, they announce that Assistant Mayor Bellwether, the mastermind responsible for making the predators savage, has been arrested. They also discuss Mayor Lionheart's denial of any knowledge of her plans and actions, and an antidote for those affected by the night howlers, which is proving effective.
- Michael's portrayal differs based on certain regions' versions of the film:
- In the Japanese version, he remains Michael Tanuyama, voiced by Imoaraizaka Kakaricho (芋洗坂係長).
- In the American, Canadian, and French versions, he is named Peter Moosebridge, a moose.
- In the UK version, he is still Peter Moosebridge, but is renamed Moosos Alexander.
- In the Brazilian version, he is Onçardo Boi Chá, a jaguar.
- In the Australian and New Zealand versions, he is named David Koalabell, a koala.
- In the Chinese version, he is a panda.
- Excluding Boi Chá, all of Michael's different animal variants make cameos in the Zootopia promotional poster.
- Michael wears what looks like an Asian conical hat strapped around his neck.
- Michael is the only raccoon dog ever to be seen in the film.
- ↑ The One Character Zootopia Changed For International Audiences, CinemaBlend, March 6th, 2016
- ↑ Ricardo Boechat vai dublar personagem brasileiro em nova animação da Disney (Ricardo Boechat will dub Brazilian character in new Disney animation), UOL Entertainment, December 5th, 2015
- ↑ Walt Disney Studios Australia/New Zealand announces winning name for news anchor, February 14th, 2016
- ↑ Tweet from Byron Howard revealing different newscasters per movie version, March 5th, 2016